Field Visit #5

November 15, 2025     pm

62 degrees F, Overcast with a slight breeze

Sunrise 7:36am--->Sunset 5:21pm

Length of Day: 9 hours and 45 minutes


Senses

Felt - Today I noticed that the temperature felt surprisingly warmer than I expected. The last few days have started to warm up again. The breeze was warm as well even though you couldn't see the sun shining.

Heard - The creek was still burbling just like last time. This time I could hear the trees groaning when the wind picked up and their branches scraping against each other.

Saw - The fungi that I saw last time was not there this time. I saw a bird fly overhead but didnt have time to identify it. All the trees were bare and very few smaller plants had leaves left. There were some branches on the ground that had been knocked off by the wind. The vegetation and grass however, as you can see in the North picture, were still quite green compared to everything around them. I could see the trees swaying in the wind.

Thoughts & Observations - All the trees in the area, including my trees I am studying, kind of all followed similar color change patterns. There were a few outliers but that is expected. As for my experiment, all of the trees have lost their leaves.

Pictures

North

East

South

West

Picture with me in it

A single berry I found left on a vine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Visit #1

Field Visit #3