August 29, 2025 2:30pm 65 degrees F, Sunny with a light breeze Sunrise 7:05am--->Sunset 8:24pm Length of Day: 13 hours and 19 minutes EDD Link Senses Felt - The soft pedals on the flowers. I also felt a light breeze and the rays of sun coming through the trees. Heard - I could hear cicadas buzzing and crickets chirping continuously. When the wind picked up leaves rustled in the trees. I heard a tap-tap-tap, I looked up, and there was a Downy Woodpecker knocking on a tree. I could also hear some other birds chirping. Saw - I saw a Downy Woodpecker, just 15 feet above me just pecking away at the tree. I also saw a female cardinal and a Goldfinch. There were a few bunches of red berries. I saw a few purple wildflowers, lots of glowing yellow goldenrod, and some bright white fleabane. A butterfly flew through the area and a white cabbage moth. Thoughts - I was struck with a sense of awe when I saw that woodpecker. It is amazing that God can think of a bird that can poke hole...
October 11, 2025 3:00 pm 58 degrees F, Overcast with no breeze Sunrise 7:53am--->Sunset 7:09pm Length of Day: 11 hours and 44 minutes Senses Felt - The air was cooler and it was starting to feel more like fall. The water in the stream was getting colder as well. Heard - I could hear cicadas and grasshoppers like other times. There was a dog barking in the distance, probably somebody taking it for a walk in the park. When I was close I could hear the stream flowing but it was kind of quiet. I heard some birds chirping and chipmunks scurrying. Overall it was a little bit quieter and felt less active from the other times. Saw - I saw a few birds, one I am pretty sure was the same kind of woodpecker I saw on my first field study. Also noticed that there were a lot more leaves on the ground since last time. I saw the creek moving slowly. The plants seemed a little less green, very few plants had flowers with color. Thoughts - I wondered as I thought about stewardsh...
Comments
Post a Comment